Thursday, October 10, 2013

What Kourtney thinks of her sister

About six months ago was the first time that I told Kourtney that her little sister has Down Syndrome. We were reading a book about a little girl who was getting a new baby brother. When that baby brother was born he was diagnosed with Down Syndrome. Kourtney looked at me and said, "Down Syndrome?" and I said, "Yes. That is what Kloey has." To which she responded, "you mean, she's different?" I was perplexed. How was I supposed to answer that question? So I said this, "Well we're all a little different from everyone else. You're not the same as me, I'm not the same as you. Kloey is a little different but really we all are." It must have been an acceptable answer because she went back to reading and the subject hasn't come up since then.


This picture is great because you can see the love in their eyes. They are sisters and very much best friends. I absolutely love it. So here is a list of what Kourtney likes to do with and for her little sister.


  • Play doctor with Kloey and Daddy
  • have a picnic in our room with Mommy and Kloey
  • play house with Kloey
  • play tea party
  • I like to tickle her! AAHHHHH!!!! (her own words)
  • I like reading books to Kloey
  • I like to help give her a bottle
  • I like changing her diaper (she totally did this by herself the other day because she thought we were too busy. Nearly died laughing)
  • I like putting her pajamas on
For Kourtney there is no difference in Kloey. Klo is her little sister. She fights with her (not often but it does happen), she tickles her (AAHHH) and she takes care of her. She loves on her all of the time. Sometimes Klo even pushes her away because she is just loving on her too much. Haha. They truly are best friends.

1 comment:

Angie said...

They do have a WONDERFUL relationship! You can really see the love between them. Not to mention now that Kloey's personality has come in you see her really express her love for Kourt! As she shoved her out of her way! HA! Oh, siblings, how wonderful they are to have! Nothing quite like that bond! P.S. Wish I could have seen the diaper changing! HA! I'm sure that would have been hysterical!