Sunday, October 13, 2013

Another Day

Another day of October. Another day of Down syndrome. Another day of Kloey.

“When you focus on someone's disability you'll overlook their abilities, beauty and uniqueness. Once you learn to accept and love them for who they are, you subconsciously learn to love yourself unconditionally.” 
― Yvonne PierreThe Day My Soul Cried: A Memoir



Having a child with DS has changed my life...
my life is brighter
my life is more wonderful
my life is filled with love
~ Lorene Kay



Kloey is a darling child who blesses my life day in and day out. It is no secret that there is an extra chromosome present in her life. But you see, it is actually an extra chromosome of love. We rejoice in it.


"I can't change that I have Down syndrome, but one thing I would change is how people think of me. I'd tell them: Judge me as a whole person, not just the person you see. Treat me with respect, and accept me for who I am. Most important, just be my friend. After all, I would do the same for you."
~ "Know Me Before You Judge Me"

No comments: