Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Kloey's view


Every morning I wake up, stretch, make a few noises and then pull myself to stand in my crib. Sometimes Mommy jumps when she sees me staring at her. I spook her, and then I giggle. If I don't get picked up right away then I know just how to get what I want... I pucker my lips out and start to pretend to cry because I know they think it's super cute. It doesn't always work but sometimes it does!


After that we go out to the place where Elmo comes from! Elmo makes me happy, I have to watch Sesame Street every morning before breakfast... Mom says I'm addicted. But then I get really hungry and I eat cheerios or eggs or pancakes or just about anything! And there's most definitely always a big mess to clean up... on the table, on my chair, on the floor, and all over ME!!!


Then we get dressed. When Mommy's home I know that she will ALWAYS brush my hair and I HATE THAT! But when Daddy's home sometimes I don't even have to get out of my jammies! (that means no hair brushing) After that ordeal is done with I get to play with my big sister. Some days she likes me so much that she locks me in her room and won't let me out. On other days she doesn't want to share with me so she builds a fortress in front of the toybox to keep me out.


Lunch time can't come soon enough!!! I'm not very picky at breakfast but when that is said and done with I don't want anything but a peanut butter sandwich! (or Nutella) Everything else goes right on the floor and if they try to feed it to me I clamp my mouth shut as tight as it will go and turn my head away. I'm no dummy. My favorite part comes after lunch though... nap time! If I don't get my nappy I am so not happy!!!


When I wake up my sister is usually gone. I don't know where she goes, but she always comes back. My mommy and daddy play games and watch shows with me. Right now Mommy and Daddy are teaching me how to walk. I can do it while they hold my hands up!!! I get better and better each day!!! Someday I will walk just like Kourtney does. Mommy and Daddy are also teaching me how to "talk" with my hands. I can't say much but I know how to tell them I'm hungry! I also know how to tell them that I want Sesame Street. I pick up the magic clicker, point it at the place where Elmo shows up and then jump up and down a little and pretend to click. Works like a charm.

When sister gets home we play and snack and then we get to watch a movie or cartoon before dinner. I don't eat what Mom makes... unless it is a cookie or a peanut butter sandwich. Then I get to take a BATH!!! Yesterday I fell over in the bathtub and kept slipping and swallowing water. I was pretty spooked but I think I know how to keep my balance now. After bath time we read books and say prayers. I get my nice warm bottle of milk, get my teeth brushed, then I get to lay down. I don't argue, 'cuz I like bedtime. When I wake up I know that Mommy will be there, just waiting for me to spook her.


A day in the life of Kloey isn't really different than a day in the life of most children!!!


3 comments:

Angie said...

I really enjoyed this!

Pa Pa said...

Pa Pa Loves You Kloey
This is the best story I've read in a long time. I'm currently reading The Red Badge of Courage, but this is so much better. :)

Unknown said...

I remember reading this, but that's all i remember. I'm glad i saw it again :) Thank you so much for this, and for being such a dedicated mother! You are not afraid, and in fact embrace and love the fact that you are a mommy. Thank so much for that. I love you!