Saturday, October 19, 2013

Eyes

So, I didn't get to take pics of the girls like I wanted to today but I did get some nice shots of Klo Bow. And I have missed my camera so so so much!!!

Kourtney woke up in a rather foul mood today. And I do mean FOUL! A lot of our attention has been focused on her and not going insane. But she finally fell asleep so I got to spend some quiet time with Kloey and Sesame Street. It never gets old apparently. As I watched Kloey today I started thinking about lots and lots of things. Because that's how I pass my time... I think way too much.

Anyhow, I thought of how different she and Kourtney are, that's quite obvious. But then I thought of how similar they really are. Klo's temperament may be quite different from Kourtney's but there are other things that are so much alike! One thing that struck me today were their eyes. I know, they're shaped a bit differently but that's not what I mean in particular. Sure, they are physically similar, very much so, but I mean the sparkle in them.

I see in Kloey's eyes the same passion that I see in Kourtney's. A passion for mischief, absolutely. A passion for fun, most certainly. Also a passion for learning, for growing, and for understanding new things. They both love to discover new abilities, new boundaries, and new friends. They love to discover how much Mom and Dad will actually tolerate and how much they won't tolerate. They love to be adventurous and create stories and run (or crawl in Kloey's case) incessantly.

Kloey is a child like most children. She watches Sesame Street because she loves it, true enough, but I also see that sparkle of learning when she is watching. I see discovery, I see adventure, and sometimes there is just a hint of mischief. I think Kourtney had it absolutely right when she said to Kloey yesterday, "Kloey you are just so smart! You are like a GENIUS!!!!"

And she is.


1 comment:

Angie said...

They both have beautiful souls that sparkles through their eyes. :) Lookin' forward to seeing more pics when Kourtney gets happier!