Monday, October 1, 2012

Thirty-1 days of Down Syndrome

Yes. You read that right. October is Down Syndrome Awareness month. 31 days to educate yourself or anyone else you know that may be "in the dark" about these beautiful people. We were blessed with our sweet Kloey Alice a little over a year ago. Oh, I had sooo many questions and I was very anxious about this new angel that had entered our lives and rocked our boats, so to speak. Let me just say this; I LOVE HER! I LOVE HER! I LOVE HER!!!


Above picture: This is Klo Bow a few days after birth. She was in the NICU for a week. We couldn't have her in our room at all but we are very blessed that we got to take her home after just a week. She came home with oxygen and a monitor but she was home nonetheless. 

So, a couple of random things here:
1. The abortion rate of babies with Down Syndrome is 92%.
2. Families that have a child with Down Syndrome say that they enrich and bless their lives. They are also proven to be more happy and unified than a typical family. 
These are facts. The second I read in a book and don't remember where it is right now as we are in the middle of a move. But both of these are true.

Kloey, along with every downs child, is a blessing to me and my family. Our lives have been blessed in SO many ways because of her. 

... and she gets a whole month dedicated to her special-ness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a church service missionary in Disability Services. We found your blog today and we would like to contact you, but you have no contact info. Could you email me at suzanne.smith@ldschurch.org.
I also have a daughter w/Ds. OUr personal blog in www.lilyslifeisgreat.com.
Happy Down Syndrome October Awareness month!
Sister Smith
(Suzie)