Monday, October 22, 2012

10 left... wow

So, Jordan was going to blog tonight but we are so crazy busy with our move being just five days away. (AAAHHHHH!!!!!!) I'm stressed to the max. So ready for it to be done and over with.

To continue with Down Syndrome Awareness month I wanted to focus today on the bond between Kloey and big sister Kourtney. From the moment Kourtney saw Kloey there was instant love. And it just keeps growing and growing. She never acted out or tried to hurt the baby. In fact, Kloey has been a very safe zone for her. She has a calming effect on Kourtney. Sometimes they're in their own little love bubble.


Kourtney has told me some of her favorite things about her baby sister:
I like to pway wif Kwoey
I like to share food
I just feed Kwoey milk
I like to tickle her
We share toys
I love her lots and lots!!!

When Kourtney walks into the room Kloey's whole world lights up! She already watches Kourtney's every move. She craves Kourtney's attention.

When Kloey wakes up and I bring her upstairs Kourtney says things like, "Oh, there she is!" and runs up and asks to hold her. She loves sitting down and "sharing" toys with her (it's a work in progress). And she loves talking about her.

I love how much they love each other. I admit that I didn't know what it would be like. I was nervous that Kourtney would start to act out. But, we are blessed with two wonderful and beautiful daughters who love each other VERY much!!!


(Please excuse the mess in the pictures... as I said, we are in the middle of a move)

2 comments:

Angie said...

Never had any doubts about Kourtney. :) She and Kloey are just meant to be sisters! :) I love the love I see in the photos and the love that I know is throughout your sweet family! I'm gonna miss these daily blogs when October is done! :(

PB and JS said...

Such cute sisters.