Saturday, October 20, 2012

12 more...Up before sunrise

It is 7:55 in the a.m. I have been awake since 6 a.m. Thank you to my dear children for reading the deepest desires of my heart. Yes, I did want to get up 2 hours before sunrise on a Saturday. How did you know??? ...Oddly enough I'm in a pretty fantastic mood this morning. I believe my husband was a bit shocked and dumbfounded by this. Heck, not even I know what's going on. But, I'll take it and I'm sure my children don't mind.

Kourtney just asked me a very good question, "Mommy, why are you up when it's dark outside?". To which I replied, "Why am I up?!!! You people demanded it, that's why!". (referring to her and her sister) Why indeed.

So, to continue with our wonderful month of Down Syndrome Awareness.... Here is a question that I didn't know the answer to. In my defense, my doctor told me something completely different...


Q: I already have a child with Down syndrome. How likely is it that my next child will have the condition?
A: Very unlikely. For parents with a child with Down syndrome due to non-disjunction or mosaicism, the chances of having another child with the condition is the same as it was before they had their child with Down. Parents of children with Down syndrome due to translocation run a slightly higher chance of the condition repeating itself. As noted above, this chance is approximately 3%.
where I got my info
I really did not know that my chances of having another child with Down Syndrome are still the same as before I had Kloey. My doctor told me that my chances had now increased by like 50%. I love Klo but that number freaked me out a bit. Now I'm left to wonder... Where in the WORLD did he get his information?!!! Nothin' like freakin' out your patient for no reason. Geez a lou!!!
Here are some pics to make you happy... they certainly make me happy!

 Saturday morning is our sugary cereal day. She likes it.
 Klo is starting to be extremely interested in just about EVERYTHING!!!
Super sleepy Klo with leftover sugary cereal evidence on her face. Good times :)

3 comments:

Angie said...

your babies have incredibly BEAUTIFUL skin complexions!! And I definitely appreciated Kourtney's question!! HAHA!! DUH! I'm up because of YOU! haha! Funny kid!

Angie said...

and shame on that doctor!! Those are some pretty BIG differences!! What the heck was his deal?

Stephanie said...

yeah... I have NO idea where he got that incredibly wrong piece of information but hey... now I know!