Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The finale.

The Final day of Down Syndrome Awareness Month...

To Kloey Alice:

I knew that you were there
yet, it did not feel quite real.
You grew and grew each day
but I did not know your soul.
Movements came all day and night
the connection was not there.
A thought of something extra
filled my heart with fear.

Each day I struggled endlessly
to know the girl inside.
I tried and tried
to no avail
to calm my racing thoughts.

One night you came.
I knew right then
you would not be the same.
As you struggled for your breath
I struggled with my pain.

You came into my arms
I looked into your eyes.
I was calm.
A smile formed.
But did not last for long.
I knew again
with certainty
you were what I feared.

A day passed by
without much thought
without much feeling
without much love.
I felt the need to run that day.
I felt the need to cry.
I felt that everything was lost.
I felt that life was done.

Then I saw you helplessly
laying on your own.
I grabbed your hand
and said your name
and cried for all your pain.

I fell in love that morning.
I fell in love with you.
I fell so deeply that despair
could never overcome.

I fall in love each day
with everything you are.
You teach so much of love
of being who
and what
you are.

Today I cannot possibly
imagine what I felt.
That day that was so numb for me
was fear and nothing else.

I do not fear you little one.
You do not have to worry.
I know that you have come to me
so that we can share this journey.

Thank you for joining us this month. I love you all!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Jordan- Oh stephanie, you are my sweetheart. This month has been incredible, and I am so grateful for you and my little angels you have created me. These entries are incredible and these girls couldn't ask for a more faithful loving mother. Your the best ever!!
Love Jordan :)

PB and JS said...

Love!

Angie said...

Oh you two! This has been a wonderful month thanks to you and your words! Your family is truly a blessing and I'm so glad to be a part of it! Thank you to Stephanie and Jordan for sharing with us your fears, frustrations, loves, successes, trials, and tears. Your honesty is refreshing and your love is never ending. Grateful is the word that best describes my current feeling. Grateful to have people like you in my life. Grateful to have your precious babies to spoil and love and watch grow. Grateful for our friendship. Just GRATEFUL! Love to you all and your sweet babies!