Sunday, October 14, 2012

18 days left...

This month seems to be flying by right?!! Today, as we continue with wonderful Down Syndrome Awareness month, I want to address a comment that was made to me by a really nice stranger that I met in the mall when Klo was about 5 months old. This being Sunday I figure it is a perfect time to tackle something of the spiritual realm. This woman said to me (we were obviously discussing Klo), "well, at least she never needs to be baptized".  When I corrected her, she looked rather dumbfounded. So, I clarified... "Well, Jesus had to be baptized right? He was perfect. Baptism is a requirement for all... not just some."

I think it was really sweet of her to assume that Kloey is just automatically  perfect. I don't think that's the truth. Personally, I think that she is much closer than any of us already, but she is not perfect. Trust me, there is an attitude that is starting to form (secretly, I love that. It's hilarious). I have to believe that Kloey was sent to me to not only teach me but for me to teach her as well. I am going to teach Kloey everything that I have taught, will teach, and am teaching Kourtney. They may not get the same lessons at the same ages... but they will get the same lessons. Kloey will most definitely be baptized. She will most definitely receive all of the ordinances necessary in this life. Of course, assuming that my daughters choose it. We will teach her the meaning of life. We will teach her about our Savior, Jesus Christ. We will teach her that she has a Heavenly Father that loves her. We are teaching her these things already.

I will spend my whole life teaching my children. That is why they were sent to me... so that I could spend forever being their mother... in every sense of the word.

These two love watching Barbie. A special thanks to PaPa John for the TON of Barbie movies that he sent for Kourtney's birthday. Love you PaPa!!! (haha... that looks like Papa John, the pizza company.... but it's not. it's my daddy)

1 comment:

PB and JS said...

So right, I haven't even thought of baptisim and Leighton thinks its funny to pull her sisters hair so she'll need that baptism and lessons :).