Friday, April 2, 2010

oh today...

It was a simple day....
a day full of blooming flowers, the smell of coming rain, a child giggling as she dares to go down the slide all by her little bitty self. A day that made me realize that I am blessed. It was full of giggles and learning and projects and happiness. :)
Jordan works everyday on something to do with movies. This is definitely his passion. We are full speed ahead on preparing to make his dreams come true.
Truthfully, I've been a bit jealous of him lately. His dreams seem to be so close. I was thinking yesterday that I'd be graduated from college right now, pursuing a career of my own if I hadn't gotten married. My major wasn't confirmed, but I was focusing a lot on studying vocal performance. My dream was to be... well, on Broadway truthfully. Silly to some, but a passion for me, school was helping me to get over my nerves. it seems like i'm blah blah blah-ing... but this has a point I promise. With this surgery, my singing voice hasn't come back yet, so I must find other ways to fill my day. Reading, scrapbooking, and writing is all still too hard. I've been observing my little family a lot. I feel like God gave me talents, true enough, but he also had a different plan for me than I had for myself (obviously). I never wanted to be a stay at home mom, now, there's nothing I'd rather do.
Jordan and Kourtney have blessed my life in so many ways:
Kourtney teaches me on a daily basis....
patience,
perseverance,
love, discipline,
respect, MANNERS,
innocence, need for others,
the importance of family.

Jordan teaches me sooo many things.
what kind of a person would I be without him?
I'd be rude, judgmental, hypocritical, obnoxious.... the list goes on
he teaches me that I'm not ALWAYS right... that's hard for me to understand at times. as it is for many people.
He teaches me unconditional love, trust, sympathy, that you go to all lengths to make your significant other happy.
that trust goes a long way in a relationship.
i love him

Do I miss being on stage, singing my heart out, feeling as if my whole soul is shining when my voice is flowing through a room??? Yes, I do miss that. Am I nervous that my singing voice won't come back completely??? I'm scared to death of that. Does that matter more than my family.... absolutely not.

I love my family. They make me happy. I suppose, sometimes, God gives us these "setbacks" to make us explore our other talents, to focus on our weaknesses, and soak up what's going on around us. Life moves too quickly... maybe this was his... not so subtle way of telling me to slow down, enjoy life, listen to the giggles, be thankful for the love of two extraordinary people, and smell the flowers and the coming rain.

sorry if this is sappy... this is what's on my mind currently :)

No comments: