Tuesday, March 30, 2010

oKaY OkaY


Haha... no more "dead me". Gosh Mindy!!! lol. ok... so today... oi! what a day!!!! we didn't get any pics here's our schedule today!!!....

9 am... leave for st. louis after no sleep at all!!!! (sleeping in a brace isn't really sleeping)
9-12.... drive to st. louis with a screaming banshee in the back seat
12 pm... arrive at the doctor (on time for once) the doc is in the OR.... can't see us at the moment GREAT!!!
1 pm... after waiting for the doc... go eat at the hospital cafeteria... with a wild gorilla loose (I think it's name was Kourtney.... it was just a coincidence... I swear it wasn't mine)
2 pm... go back up to the doc's office, he's not there, Jordan says to leave, I say "I drove 3 hours to see my doctor... I'm not leaving" 2 seconds later, in he comes.
2:15 ish.... he sees us first! he loves me :) (seriously, couldn't have asked for a better doc, he HAS known me since i was 15 though)
2:15-2:45 ish.... he asks me what my questions are... and laughs at me when I ask if I can take my neckbrace off. not kidding! My face falls as I dare to ask what my restrictions are... and if i can at least take my brace off SOMETIMES. he says he'll compromise... I can take if off when I sleep... well, that's good. But really, I don't know.
2:45... he sends us down for x-rays (while shaking Jordan's hand and telling him to take care of me, very fatherly like, it made me giggle!)
3 pm... after x rays... we're off to the zoo! St. Louis has the best zoo ever!!!! We tried to leave Kourtney with the monkies... she just fit in so well, ya know! lol
3-5..... we have the best time ever, 75 degrees... Kourtney happy... tons of animals and sunshine... couldn't get better!!!! (and I finally got some exercise!!!) I've been feeling lazy and fat!
5-8... drive home with Kourtney snoozing in the back seat 3/4 of the way home.... and mommy in sooooo much pain that she can barely talk to daddy.


all in all.... THE BEST DAY I'VE HAD IN A LONG TIME!!!! and really, i'm not joking. my doctor may have crushed my hopes a bit, but he said everything looks close to perfection!!! YAYYYY!!!!! that made me happy. and I spent the day with my two favorite people! I learned that my daughter is hitting the terrible two's and that it's funny and frustrating all at the same time. But, in the end, she never wins with tantrums.... and her manners always come back!
AND... sunshine makes me happy!!!!

2 comments:

Jace and Tami said...

I agree sunshine is the best. Glad you had a good day, hope you continue to improve rapidly. The zoo is fun and 70's, we are supposed to hit 70s today! Yeah! Hope sleeping goes better without the neck brace. Love you guys!

Angie said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! And Kourtney...well, I told you to leave her there and no one would notice... =) jk! I'm soooo happy you're on the road to recovery! And yay for sleeping w/o a neckbrace! That's an improvement...small...but none the less, an improvement! Much love to you! I miss you!