Monday, April 26, 2010

this weekend

Friday.... Jordan and I fought... what's new
thunderstorms... aaallll day long
Jordan comes home... we're happy
I take a shower, get out, tornado warnings are going off. Jordan, having never experienced this except for the testing on tuesday mornings, was video taping it. nice
wonderful
we sleep downstairs, in our basement (which wasn't so bad, actually, our other bed is down there)

Saturday... rain rain rain
Grandma, Mom, Erin, myself, Kourtney Bear trek to the preparedness fair in Nauvoo
I learned a lot of things about food storage, preparedness, etc. (kinda the point i guess lol)
Grandma has lived in Quincy her whole life, and she has never had the Nauvoo experience
We decide to give her a watered down version of it until we can go later this summer
the garden that honors the woman (with all of the sculptures) was especially great to me this time. Now, that i'm a mother things took on a different meaning. Going with my mother and grandmother was also very special.

Kourtney has great pictures of her with her great grandmother, something that not many children have (also with her great great grandmother, but not this day)
We visited the end of Parley street (where the saints crossed the mississippi to begin their trek west) it is my absolute favorite spot in nauvoo!
we made a rope at the family living center (Grandma loved it)
we learned about bread
Mom bought me a pasta maker for my birthday, now i can make homemade pasta way cheap!!!
I love my grandmother!!!

My biological grandparents visit. They had never been to our home. It's special when I get to spend quality time with them, i didn't know that they existed until I was about 10 years old.

Jordan and I spent quality time together, and the wound is healing. I hate to put it that way, but our relationship has been wounded. happens to everyone. i'm not ashamed of it. it just sucks, that's all

Sunday... more gloomy weather!
church was good (the 15 minutes i got to hear of sacrament meeting)
Kourtney clings to me, I have to stay in nursery with her. it's exhausting. not that i can sit on the relief society chairs anyway, but the option would be nice!
Family's house for bro's bday... interesting... just interesting
more quality time with jordan, nice

Kourtney is finally warming up to me again, since the surgery. I'm doing more and more everyday. Kourtney climbs and climbs and climbs! she talks and talks and talks. Mainly, just Jordan and I can understand what she's saying :) She tries. Jordan is one of the top sellers where he works (a very big accomplishment). I hate that he doesn't get any recognition for it. I know that environment is tough to work in. We've finally come to a compromise on the future... finally. and that's that folks.



1 comment:

Angie said...

Sounds like an extremely productive weekend! =) Glad to hear things are on the mend! Love you!