Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pull through

Eleven years old... I was frightened, confused, searching.
My first prayer. I came to you, you were there
and I pulled through.

Fourteen years old... angry, lost, lonely, frustrated.
The pain of a broken family, the loneliness of my adolescence.
I came to you, you gave to me my testimony.
and I pulled through.

Sixteen years old... receiving an answer to a prayer not yet uttered.
A decision that you knew was right, that would start my journey through life.
I prayed for strength, you gave me courage, understanding
and I pulled through.

Seventeen... heart broken, lonely, struggling, afraid, so lost
You answered me in dream.
My life regained meaning... you sent to me a friend.
I pulled through.

Eighteen.... drowning, gasping, spiritually dying, giving up
I no longer came to you, you were no longer with me.
Believing I was alone.... wanting to be with you.
A lesson was taught, one that will forever remain.
A lesson was learned.
I pulled through

Nineteen.... a light appears, a glimmer of hope, love
I found you... I came back, realizing that you had never gone far.
lonely, friendless, lost, but stretching forward.
You send me love.
I push it away, you send it back.
I come to you... and receive an answer that was not the plan

Twenty.... in love, struggling, questioning, lonely
you send me home,
and a gift.
I'm pulling through.

Twenty one.... are you with me still?
struggling to see the plan that is there for me.
My eyes are shut, why won't they open?
Why do I not see? Why do I not savor?
what do i do now?

how do i let go? and let you?
help me in my struggle.
I'm at the bottom.......
I'm coming to you,
please come to me....
please,
pull me through.


1 comment:

Angie said...

I love your poems! Hang onto God, He WILL pull you through! I love you!