Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shoes Like You


Sweet Daughter,
Why do you wear my shoes?

Because Mommy,
They're pretty and high and shiny too!
In them I clap around just like you do!

My child,
Why must you throw my clothes about?

Because Mommy,
Feel them! They're oh so soft and silky and fun!
How oh so yummy they smell!!!

Oh Cute Baby,
Are you really going through my makeup bag?

Look Mommy,
Do I look pretty? Just like you?
I've seen you do it!
I want to do it too!

Dear Child,
Please Don't! Not My jewelry!
So organized and perfect!

Oh Mommy,
I feel so big and gorgeous!
With flowers, beads, and sparkles all over.
Smell me! I have on your perfume!

Tell me I'm pretty Mommy

Sweet Child,
You are so pretty
But...*sigh*
Why Must You Wear My Shoes?

Because Mommy...
.... I want to be just like you!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you so much while your gone!i Hate that we need you to work, but thanks for helping get our head above water. Kourtney does adore you so much. we are lucky to have her, and I'm so lucky to have you!

Angie said...

Well, it's difficult to top that previous comment *cough* *thanks a lot Jordan*, but I must say I do LOVE this poem! And the pics are adorable!!