Tuesday, August 24, 2010

no computadora

We've had a virus forever now and we can't get anyone to come work on our computer! and actually, I'm not devastated about it. It's been quite nice to not have the distraction. We don't waste any time watching tv show, or facebooking, or blogging. I do actually need it sometimes for certain things but it has helped me to discover myself. I'm expanding my talents and I'm exploring new ones and I am absolutely loving it. I scrapbook more and I'm making other little random things... like a little music maker for Kourtney. It's adorable and I made it from a paper towel roll. It's cute. I'm singing more and I love it. My voice is not quite back to what it was in high school but if I keep practicing everyday it will soon be even better than that. I'm reading my scriptures more and it's absolutely wonderful!!! I've been reading about 13-15 pages a day. My goal is to be done by Wednesday of next week because institute starts on Thursday next week and we're studying the Doctrine and Covenants. So, naturally, I have to finish the Book of Mormon before I start studying the D&C.

Spending more time as a family has been really special. Kourtney is learning and growing so fast!!! She definitely has a mind of her own. Oh boy... don't get her mad. These fits that she throws recently are just.... WOW.. but we don't give in. She's two... she knows when something isn't acceptable. Another thing... she's so SMART!!! About 5 new words a day. She points out animals, she sings, she dances (she loves ballet, lol). You say... Kourtney do your ballet! and she holds on to the wall, lifts one leg and moves it (slowly) in front of her and behind her, like a pretty ballerina. So so cute. She also thinks she's smart enough to trick Mommy and Daddy. If Mommy tells her no she goes to Daddy and tries to get him to say yes. Yeah. It doesn't work. And she gets ticked. Oh well. She spends a lot of time trying to whine herself into getting her way and making us give in.... AAAaaaahhhhhh.... to be two. Well, she will be in about a week! A week!!! Two years old. I can't believe it. Where has the time gone?

I wish that I had some pics to put up... I have plenty of pics but I'm not at my computer. :( Bummer. Ah well. Until next time then.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I hate all the viruses your computer gets!! =P But I'm happy to know you guys are all alive and well! Now about this little Miss. Thang...and I think you know who I refer to, we've got to watch it with her! If she's that sneaky/smart now, I can only imagine what she will be capable of!! YIKES!! Love you dearest!