Monday, January 11, 2010

CrEaTe





I love to create! It could be anything! My favorite creation, of course, is Kourtney! She's gorgeous! I like to create through scrapbooks, or cards, or poems, or painting (which I'm not very good at, but I still like it) cooking, reading and using my imagination..... wow, there are tons of ways to create. I've noticed that my creating comes and goes in cycles. One week I will have crazy scrapbooking frenzies. The next week it will be cards... the next cooking, and so on. Lately, it has been GLUTEN FREE cooking! Yes, gluten free. It's amazing how much healthier, and more vibrant my body feels after eliminating gluten from my diet. This is the story:

My husband's niece was diagnosed with Celiac disease a few months ago. His grandmother had it and eventually died because of the illnesses that it eventually brought on. Well, turns out, a lot of his family has it! So, his mother comes to visit and she decides that he needs to go on the diet and, what the heck, I've been sick so long, might as well throw me on that wagon too, right? Well, she was right! That was a month and a half ago and I feel wonderful!!! Now, let me clarify.... my wonderful would still probably be the average person's "pretty sick". No joke. But at least I'm not lying on the couch in pain ALL DAY LONG! No, now it comes and goes. Some days I feel like I'm on top of the world... on those days I cook and clean and play with Kourtney, make myself pretty etc etc.... And that is what I call an amazing accomplishment......

Some people want to be able to run marathons..... I just want to be able to clean my house :)




1 comment:

Angie said...

Well, I think it's great you feel much better!! And I can't say I'd want to run marathons, but maybe cleaning marathons? =) Love ya!