Friday, December 18, 2009

Thankyou!

My daughter said please today. I was going to give her an animal cracker when I decided that I would give the please thing one more shot. She just started saying thankyou a few days ago. So, I said, "Say please....pleeaaassee..." and she stopped, grabbed for the cracker and said, "peez". I could have jumped to the ceiling! For real! It was so exhilarating! It wasn't just that she was capable of saying it, it's the fact that I've taught something that so incredibly important to life! I feel so very accomplished right now. I taught her thankyou by just saying thankyou to her all of the time. She just started putting two and two together with that one. Today, I feel like a good mom. I'm a good mom, Jordan's a great dad, she's a great daughter, and it's snowing.... life is good.

2 comments:

Stefu said...

Congratulations! What a fun milestone! Sounds like things really ARE good, minus the snowing part...

Stephanie said...

haha! actually, right now I don't mind the snow. We're babysitting four children right now and they're so excited about it, which makes me really excited! tomorrow we have a sledding date! I haven't been sledding forever!