Friday, February 8, 2013

How Do I Love You?

In honor of Valentine's Day...
To my children:

How do I love you?
Let me count the ways...
I love you to the moon and back
even on my lazy days.
I love you so I'll pick your nose,
eat your toes,
wash your clothes.
I love you so I'll wipe your butt,
kiss your cut,
blow raspberries on your gut.
Yes, I will feed you
at whatever time of day.
Be it noon,
morning,
or after I've just hit the hay.
It is my greatest pleasure
to hold you while you squirm,
to calmly check my patience
when you make me want to scream.
But really,
I love you most when
you have decided to dream.
I love to watch you breathe.
I love to see you learn.
I love that you are mine.
For your love I yearn.

 Above: watching Sesame Street
Above: watching television with her dolls

1 comment:

Angie said...

I LOVE this!! How I miss you guys!!