Thursday, March 28, 2013

Will Spring just come?!!!

Here in Idaho we are really really ready for Spring! I think that everyone is probably feeling a little bit of that. So, I don't have much time to do a blog entry today but I wanted to share some pictures that are the first phase of my Literature Creative Response to a poem that we've read this semester. So, here it is. This is in response to The Cry of the Children by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. This poem she wrote in response to the exploitation of children workers in mines and factories in the late 1800's. I'm sure we all know about children working before there were child labor laws. I decided to do some pictures that would represent the two very different images of children that she paints in the poem. One is of a child that is overworked, tired, knows nothing about play and happiness. And on the other hand there is the child that she says all children should be like, the happy, free, playful child. Today we have phase one of the photographs which are the sad ones. I had to give the child 3 cookies so that she would let me rub dirt on her face. Let me know what you think.





I know that these are depressing but they really need to be representative of that overworked, overly tired child from those times. Happy ones to come.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I LOVE IT! Especially the bribing part! :) But no seriously, I love these! I love the close up of her rubbing the dirt on her face. Nicely done!