Saturday, March 16, 2013

A lone, lonely girl

Who am I kidding?!!! This is fabulous! My husband is at his parents' house with the kiddos this weekend and left me home all by my lonesome. Yes, I had a dance party last night. Yes, I did sleep through the night uninterrupted. Yes, I did catch up on all of the missed sleep from the past few weeks. Yes, I did sit here and twiddle my thumbs wondering what in the world to do with myself. And it was all wonderful!


  • I'm sitting in silence right now. strangely underrated when you're young and do not have children
  • I didn't even touch my homework last night... that's a lie. I touched it a little. But then it was ruining my night so I said pshaw to that!
  • I haven't talked to my honey yet today and that feels so strange. He and my daughters are the center of my world.
  • No crying babies woke me up last night!!!
  • No crying babies woke me up this morning!!!!
  • By tomorrow I know that I will miss the crying babies in crazy amounts.
  • We mothers are incredibly hard-working people!
  • We should be paid.
  • Even on my vacation days (my first since Kourtney was born so more than 4 years) I do laundry, dishes, homework, pick up toys, wash fingerprints off of screens, you name it!
  • I have a 10-15 page research paper to write today.

..... Better get on it. :)


1 comment:

Angie said...

Every now and then you just need a good ole break! Glad you got to have one! You sure deserve it!