Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life stinks???

Jordan texted me this evening while I was sitting in the hospital with our Kloe Bow. He asked how we were doing. Well, I was in a lot of pain and sick and Kloey was hooked up to tons of monitors with wires hanging off of her all over the place. So I told him that. Then he texted back something to the effect of "man your life kinda stinks". That got me thinking... I don't think my life stinks. In fact I love my life. I'm happy and my family is happy. We're so in love as a family that it's ridiculous :) Why would that stink? Not only do we have intense love for each other but we do for our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ as well. That is what life is about. We have our fair share of hardships and trials that's for sure. But we've learned to not say "Why me?". We just try to say, "Okay. This is what is going on right now. Let's deal with it in the best way that we know how and learn from this in the best way possible". When you do that it takes the stress out of things. We really try to read our scriptures and pray as a family. This seems to help us immensely. Jordan and I pray as a couple. Where would I be without prayer?!! It is my lifeline!!! Besides... we laugh together. What better medicine is there? When you know the meaning of life and you're doing everything that you can to be all that you can be then life will never "stink". Life will give you trials, heart ache, and tough times that's true enough. Just try to keep smiling. Things always get better. It's not worth getting angry. Anger takes too much energy. It's much easier to be happy. :)

No comments: