Friday, October 29, 2010

KoURtnEY


OH, our Kourtney! Such a power struggle we have. She is oh so sweet, independent, hungry for candy (all the time), loud, louder, and really loud!!!
She has to do things by herself... at her convenience. While sitting on the potty she waves you out of the bathroom. She has to do it alone. But at other times she just can't seem to cope without you. Stubborn. She's very... I don't even know the word.
We've had several people tell us (people who have gotten to know her) that she has the air about her of a natural leader. Good for later, frustrating for now. Really, I've heard that a number of times from different people. It makes me proud yet exhausted. She is exhausting.
She is a fast learner, very smart. She repeats everything (right now she is fake crying just to get my attention) booger head. She has picked up sign language very well. She is a master at trying to work us (we're on to her though). She loves dance class... and singing. She loves reading and coloring. She loves watching movies. When someone sneezes she says "ess ooo" (bless you). Sweet. When I'm not feeling well she comes up to me and says, "ooo ahkay???" (you okay?). I love it. When we tell her no she tells us no right back. When I give her "the mommy look" she melts and throws herself down on the floor. She doesn't make any noise... just throws herself onto the floor. Nice. She likes to cuddle her baby dolls. And then throw them on their heads. Lovely.
She really keeps me entertained... never gives me a moment to settle down and think "hey, maybe I've got this Mom thing under control". No, she always has something new up her sleeve. She is my greatest lesson. My greatest test of patience and my greatest trial of understanding!
She is so much like me... a blessing and a curse. She is very much like her father too. I guess she just has a double dose of stubborn... poor thing.
Having a child really is like what they say... it is having your heart walk around outside of your body.

No comments: