Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fibromy-who?

Fibromyalgia...

is a medical disorder characterized by chronic widespread pain and allodynia, a heightened and painful response to pressure. ... Other symptoms include debilitating fatigue, sleep disturbance and joint stiffness... bowel and bladder abnormalities, numbness and tingling, cognitive dysfunction.--- Taken from Wikipedia.com

There is no cure for Fibromyalgia and no concrete way to test for it. In fact, patients who have it normally produce completely normal tests... As I have been.

What does this have to do with Stephanie???

Her doctor thinks that this is what she has. Two years of tests, surgeries, etc. has led to this conclusion. The only way to tell if this is my answer is to put me on some medication to see if it helps with my excruciating 24/7 pain. I am hoping and praying that it does. I can't take much more of this. I've reached my limit. I need a miracle and I need it now.

other symptoms (from Wikipedia):
prolonged muscle spasms, weakness in the limbs, nerve pain, muscle twitching, palpitations

(I found this one interesting):
Neck trauma seems to increase the risk of developing Fibromyalgia.

All of the symptoms that I have listed are symptoms that I experience everyday... I only left out about two from the Wikipedia site.

I just want to sleep. And I just want an answer. If this is it... I can accept that... I just want an answer. I'm so sorry that I seem so depressed lately. Really, I've actually been quite happy lately. Jordan and I are fantastic... Kourtney lights up my life... and things are just really really good. Well... except for this :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Well, by golly I sure hope medications work! This is getting rather awful for you to deal with. And that's putting it mildly! I hope and pray this does the trick dearest! I love you! Hang in there, that's the best we can do right now! Hopefully, something good will come out of both our situations. (Always the optimist, eh?) =)