Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lazy or WHAT

Wow! I have taken way too much time off from my blogging. Life just gets so busy with the ups and downs and turn arounds, the heres and theres and everywheres. I get dizzy just thinking about it. My semester ended, we went on a 3 week vacation to visit my family (and let's face it, after 3 weeks of vacation with small children, driving across the country, and staying in your parents' house for so long, you need another vacation), then we get home and it's doctor's appointments, vaccinations, school registration and unpacking. And when I say unpacking I mean U-N-P-A-C-K-I-N-G!!!!!!! Here's what I mean....


Yeah. We had their birthday parties while we were home visiting. Can you say SPOILED?!!! But I was happy to see all of the love for my children. Not in material ways but in caring and loving ways. Of course they were thrilled for the material ways but never mind. *wink*

On the way out to Illinois (from Idaho, in a car, because we're crazy) we stopped at two hotels and really took our time. On the way home we were like, "forget this headache, we're driving straight through"... both ways produced headaches that lasted several days but both were also exciting and adventurous. I only wanted to throw my children out the window 5 or less times. We're counting it as a success.

So, we stopped at Ripley's Believe It Or Not in Jackson Hole, Wyoming (most beautiful place EVER)... Kourtney was not thrilled with it and quite terrified in fact. Jordan was in heaven and I must say I was rather intrigued.



We stopped at Carhenge in Alliance, Nebraska the next day. Americans... freakin' wacky.


Our third day on the insanely long roadtrip found us at Arbor Day Farms in Nebraska City. The kids loved this place and so did we. Oh my goodness, everyone should go... if you're into loving the earth and having fun, and just plain being awesome... if not, then it's not your thing. *cheesy grin*



Good times. We really had a blast visiting family as well. My sister in law Annie took awesome underwater pics of me and my siblings at Fun City in Burlington, Iowa (I think that's where it was). And they were incredible. But they're on her phone and I do not possess them (boo hoo). But when I do I will put those up.

This man spent his 28th birthday with me playing laser tag, speeding in go karts, roller skating and shopping. Perfection all wrapped up in a day! 

All in all this summer has been grand and crazy and hectic and fun and stressful and all of the above. I am just about ready for big over-sized sweaters, leggings, and boots... meaning Fall people... Fall (obviously). 'Til next time!

No comments: