Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Whooping cough and calories

My poor sweet angel has whooping cough for the second time this year.

Kourtney just threw a HUGE tantrum soon after Daddy got home. She hasn't been doing that lately. I think that is her way of punishing him for being gone consistently for twelve hours at a time.

I literally tried to stay awake all night long because I was so afraid that Kloey would just stop breathing. She would just cough and cough. Then she would go silent until I would hear this huge gasp for air and wheezing. Scary!

They almost admitted my sweet girl to the hospital but her levels were pretty okay. We started her meds and you better believe I will be sleeping with one ear open tonight.

I just got blood drawn to test my thyroid today. It's about time I do that. We're coming up on the third missed menstrual cycle and craaazzzy fatigue that makes me super cranky and zombie-like at all times. Headaches, brittle nails, you name it...

When I first mentioned this to my doctor he said something that made me giggle. You see, I started with the 3 missed periods bit and before I could go into anything else he said..."Well when young women (insert hesitation here) like you mention this I have to suggest that you might want to try exercising a little less vigorously and frequently. I would also suggest getting in some more calories."

Really Doc? I'm thin but not that thin. I giggled and informed him that I consumed 1/4 of a bag of Doritos completely by myself last night. No, I do not feel good about that... but neither will I apologize. And also everyone knows that I do enjoy exercising but I am a full time student (struggling with intense amounts of fatigue) and a wife and mother to two children (one of which throws huge tantrums and the other gets sick all the time). So, I could let you believe that I am a workout fanatic... but that would be lying... and my mother told me to never tell a lie. I would say too vigorous and frequent exercise is not my problem...neither is too little calorie intake. I don't have that kind of self control. Nope.

FYI: Jordan just started a summer job and works insanely long hours. So now I am a full time mother and full time student and I am doing it all while he is gone from sun up to sun down. Bring it on. Ain't nobody got time for failing. Much love!




1 comment:

Angie said...

Well, hang in there sweetie!!!! I hope that Klo starts to feeling better! Poor thing!! :( Keep on keepin' on, you can do it! Love you!