Sunday, May 12, 2013

A day of Mothers

It is on this day that we remember our mothers. What a wonderful day! I say this because mothers really are incredible! My mother has inspired me in so many ways and was taken for granted for so many years. Because let's face it, young people are selfish and ungrateful. And then they grow up and become your best friend (or so it happened with me and my mother).

My mother:

  • always showed me what true love really was.
  • never gave up on me.
  • pushed me to better myself.
  • knew what I was capable of before I had the courage to look within myself.
  • supports me everyday through trials, triumphs, my own mothering, school, you name it.
  • always work her little tush off. 
  • adores my children and they adore her!
  • gives me a good "kick in the rear" when I'm being childish, immature, stupid... whatever.
  • laughs with me.
  • listens to my fears, wants, dreams.
  • never judges me.
  • is a woman of great faith and strength.
  • is an example of growth!
  • encourages me in all that I do.
  • loves my husband!

My mother gave me life. That doesn't seem like much when it is typed into a sentence but that is nine long months of someone invading your body folks! Kids change your whole world! And it is not a bad thing. It is something to be cherished and looked forward to. My mother taught me that being a mother is the best job you could ever have. It will not be picture perfect. Kids will throw tantrums, yell, wipe their nose on your shirt, pull your hair, it goes on and on. But children also teach you the most important lessons in life. They teach love, acceptance, patience, and much more. I love my children more than anything, largely because my mother loved me more than anything. Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mother. And Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!

No comments: