Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New year and resolutions...

I do this every year... review my resolutions from last year and see how I measured up. Then I make new ones for the new year. Shall we get started???

Last year's resolutions:

  • Lose my baby weight. ... okay. I've done pretty well. I weighed 113 when I got pregnant with Kloey and I didn't really want to get all the way back down there. That was a bit skinny. I am at 122 and I feel really good. Gonna count that as a success.
  • Be more loving, forgiving, patient (especially with Kourtney). This one is tricky. Kourtney and I go round and round! Sometimes we're best friends and other times we can't stand each other. But I feel like I have made significant improvement in the way that I handle her. I make a conscience effort everyday to love her and play with her and teach her. Another success.
  • Judge less. We could all do a little better at this one. This is hard for me. What I can say is that I have been aware of it all year long and immediately reprimanded myself for judging prematurely or harshly or judging at all. So, I feel good about how far I have come with this. Success.
  • Smile more! My goodness, sometimes I think I might smile too much. Success on this one!
  • Much less computer time. I have to be honest here. Epic fail. That's all.
  • More silliness and games with Kourtney. While there is still room for improvement here, I feel like we have come a long way. We play card games and Scene-It. We do puzzles. We chase each other around the house. We play dress up. Success on this one.
  • Teach Kloey to hold a bottle. Success.
  • Teach Kloey to crawl. This is a half success. She is army crawling. And we are sooo proud of her!!!!
  • Make to one year with breastfeeding. We made it to 7 1/2 months. We were so successful in our effort. And I was proud of that time with her.
OVERALL.... A GREAT SUCCESS LAST YEAR!

2013 Resolutions:
... oh where to begin...
  • Well, let's start with the failed attempt of the previous year... MUCH LESS COMPUTER TIME!!!
  • Look for the good in everyone.
  • Maintain at least a 3.5 GPA... yikes.
  • Make sure my children come first, even though I am going back to school.
  • Teach Kourtney to read.
  • Teach Kloey to crawl.
  • Teach Kourtney basic math.
  • Teach Kloey to sign.
  • Show Jordan how much I love him every single day!
  • Slow down and pray.
  • Hold family home evening every week.
  • Study my scriptures every single day.
  • Exercise at least 4 days a week.
  • Fill my body with healthy, wholesome foods.
  • Love my body and myself... stop feeling insecure about seeming "imperfections"
  • Serve others more
A great way to start a new year I think!


1 comment:

Angie said...

I just love reading your resolutions! In fact, before you wrote this I went back to your post from last year! ha! I'm silly like that! :)