Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas Giving

That's right. Here we start the 12 days to Christmas count down. What is Christmas if it isn't about giving? So, from now until Christmas Eve we will be doing a blog post every day. Everyday there will be a new way and idea on what/how to give. I'm sure our lives will be greatly enriched through this adventure.

First day: Give at home.

This seems fairly easy, right? We always give at home. CHECK!

Hold on! Not so fast....
I mean give something that is normally very difficult for you. If you don't normally make a nice dinner, try it tonight. If you don't read a book to your kids, try it tonight. For me, I think that I will do something fun with Kourtney for at least 30 minutes tonight. It is hard for me to sit down and play with her. My imagination isn't the way it used to be. So, tonight that is what I'll do. What will you give at home?

Gordon B. Hinckley: Christmas means 'giving,' and the gift without the giver is bare. Give of yourselves; give of your substance; give of your heart and mind.

Today, I will give of my time to her!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hmm...this is an interesting concept, but I like it. What shall I try??? Perhaps, giving my husband less grief about being messy?? NAH!!! ;)But in all seriousness, I like what this blog is encouraging. I shall do my best to think of something and do it! :)