Monday, December 1, 2014

Lots of sick

It is almost 6:00 in the morning and I have not slept at all. Why? Because I've been in the hospital with my daughter all night long. I should really just have a permanent room there it seems. We had just been there 24 hours before. But this seems to be common for my Kloey and that breaks my heart.

Of course no child should be sick all of the time, it's just not fair. It's exhausting for them and it's exhausting for the parents. Just imagine, if you will, a drop of sunshine fallen from the sky to brighten your life and those around you. Now take that sunshine and try to squeeze the light and the life out of it. It'll take a while but eventually the light will begin to fade and the sunshine may start to give up.

Kloey is my sunshine. And this sick business is starting to squeeze the light right out of her. She is still happy, she is still loving, but she is exhausted. I see defeat in her eyes. I feel exhaustion in her hugs. I help her as much as I know how but what can I do really?

Wednesday will hopefully be the beginning of the return of the sunny light. A tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy plus ear tubes is certainly no fun but the end result will no doubt pay off. Pray for my sweet girl. Pray for our family. There's a very good chance that she may refuse to eat or drink or take any medicine. Kloey doesn't understand that these things are necessary. We can't explain that like we would to any other 3 year old. I know what's coming and it will be rough, make no mistake. But we will power through because one thing is for sure....

my Kloey is a Fighter.

Much love everyone.
(sorry for the dramatics, just being honest) :)

No comments: